Hydraulic Press can be used for metal forming, moulding, forging, blanking, clinching, deep drawing, and punching.
Hydraulic presses are used to press items into a desired shape, to fit components together or to crush objects. They allow a small force to lift or move a heavy load.
How do hydraulic presses work?
When a small force is applied to the plunger of a hydraulic press this pressure is transferred through the hydraulic oil to the ram. The differences in the sizes of the cylinders allow the same pressure to act differently on the two cylinders. This is because the small cylinder or plunger travels a larger distance and acts only on a small area of the larger cylinder, causing the larger cylinder to move a smaller distance, but allows it to lift or move heavy loads that are placed on the ram.
The mechanical advantage is defined as the ratio of total weight lifted to or against the force acting on the plunger.
The use of a lever in combination with a hydraulic press and taking advantage of the reduction of force required because of the hydraulic system a huge mechanical advantage can be achieved at a relatively low operating cost.
Heavy Hydraulic Presses
A typical industrial hydraulic press utilizes a fixed cylinder containing a sliding ram. A heavy movable plate is attached to the lower part of the ram so it can slide between guides to another fixed plate.
When hydraulic oil is introduced to the plunger under pressure that pressure moves to the cylinder and causes the ram to move in the required direction exerting an equal force to the product of the same intensity as applied to the plunger.
This results in any material that’s placed between the moveable plate and the fixed plated that’s mounted below to be pressed, chopped, cut, crushed or moulded into the desired shape.
Once the pressure is removed from the plunger the allows the ram to return to the original position completing the cycle.
Benefits of the Hydraulic Press
1. Hydraulic press Consume less space than mechanical press
2. The hydraulic press holds the ability to compress any material to a full extent
3. Hydraulic presses are extremely versatile and different applications can be performed through different types of Hydraulic presses.
4. Unlike the mechanical press, Hydraulic press gives a smooth and even finish
5. Unlike the mechanical press, hydraulic press saves time and are designed to tough jobs
6. Hydraulic Press is highly sophisticated, unlike mechanical press where most of the time you have to depend on experience and guess work for controlling pressure.
7. Hydraulic Press offers to lift and pressing ability
8. Hydraulic Press have been beneficial to industries including Building and Construction, Rail, Oil and Gas, Marine Transport, Fabricated, and Stamped Parts, Commercial Transport, Aerospace Industry, Energy Storage Industry, and Agriculture Industry. Contact us for more details.